Gossip Girl was one of the most popular TV series in the world, even Barack Obama admitted to watching it. Through that show, we all became familiar with Blake Lively, who is now a famous American actress. Here are ten interesting facts about Blake Lively’s professional career.
1. Blake’s parents were in the acting business.
It seems that Lively’s career had been decided on even before the girl was born! Her mother worked as an agent, and her father – as an actor. They would often take Blake to their acting classes because there was no one to keep an eye on her, so little Lively began to learn the basics of acting by watching others do it.
2. Initially, she didn't want to become an actress.
Blake wanted to build a career in some other area and had a dream of going to Stanford University. We’re lucky that in the end, the girl changed her mind about acting!
3. Lively’s first role was in her father’s movie.
Blake first appeared in a movie Sandman, filmed by her father. She had a small part and thought that it was a bit of fun, trying herself in this field.
4. Blake got a big part after her first audition.
Lively’s brother asked his agent to send Blake on some castings, and soon the girl went for her first audition. She immediately got the part of Bridget in the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
5. Blake got a Teen Choice Award for her first major part.
After the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came out, Blake found out what it meant to be famous. She got a Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout – Female.
6. She intended to turn down her part in Gossip Girl.
When the producers of the show approached Blake, she intended to turn down the offer because she wanted to go to college. The creators assured her that she could attend college part-time and at the same time star in the series. Later Blake said that it was just a move to get her to agree to the part.
7. Blake is not only an actress but also a successful model.
In 2013, the girl became the new face of L’Oreal, making her first big deal with a cosmetics brand. After that, she worked with several other famous brands, and Karl Lagerfeld himself.
8. Lively had to go through a wild body transformation for her role in Elvis and Anabelle.
Blake played Anabelle, a bulimic girl who dreamed of appearing in a beauty pageant. According to the actress, it wasn't easy to lose so much weight for this role.
9. The most commercially successful movie Blake has starred in was Green Lantern.
Green Lantern, in which Blake had the central female part, grossed $219,851,172.
10. On her new movie, Lively worked alongside Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown.
We are all looking forward to seeing Blake perform in the movie The Rhythm Section with Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown, which is scheduled to premiere in 2020. If a project has Jude Law in it, it is bound to be a hit!